Monday, June 09, 2008

Lazy Days

I slept in ‘till seven this morning. Then I read ‘till nine … when I couldn’t stand it – and got up to make coffee. Didi was sleeping in the living room – and I knew the minute I got up, he’d wake up too. I figured nine was enough beauty sleep for him.

He asked me what I wanted to do today – and I said, “Be lazy.” Seems as if I’m never lazy when I’m traveling. So that’s what we did.

We watched the news – I looked at my work e-mails (bad idea) – and he made breakfast – again! Scrambled eggs – cinnamon toast – milk – coffee. Simple, wonderful – and I didn’t even have to do the dishes. (‘cause that’s the rule, right? I cook, you clean?)

Then we watched Drop Dead Gorgeous – and I read some blogs. At one-thirty I drug my stinky butt into the shower, packed my bags – and soon I’ll be leaving. <small sad face>

I cannot say what a wonderful host Didi has been. He’s been charming, thoughtful, considerate, felicitous about my ankle, funny, and everything I expected.

1 comment:

Gina Eaves said...

Maybe even a little more??????