Thursday, July 02, 2009

Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Cottontail

A complete story with a moral – told at warp speed. It’s fun to hear the genius behind this – but the animation is very irritating. Just close your eyes and listen!

 

 The man behind the lyrics is Jon Hendricks, part of the LH & R trio. The song was first performed by Duke Ellington – and it wasn’t until later that Hendricks put these lyrics to the song.

 

Have I told you how much I hate baking? If not, it’s true. I can always see the finished product in my mind’s eye. Like this

 

I’ll just tell you that mine doesn’t look quite the same. (as you can see below) We have two people who’ve been with the company for 10 years – so I thought I’d make something “nice” for them.

 

I’m sure beginning to cook at 8:30 at night isn’t part of the recipe for success. And the “easy icing” isn’t quite thick enough.

 

Oh well. It tasted ok. More than ok. Rave reviews. But it still looked ... 



... like some sort of weird double-decker hockey puck. (yes, we have air hockey in our office. Also table soccer ... because you know, we are a programming company, after all)

 

One more hour – and then the 3 day weekend starts. Of course, my friend in Arizona is counting down the hours ‘till the 4th of July too. Just not for the same reason. Her son is getting married Saturday. In Las Vegas. It’ll only be 104 – perfect weather for outside! I hear the wedding favors are shot-glasses – with the bride and grooms names engraved on them. I can’t WAIT to see the pictures!


1 comment:

Gina Eaves said...

Where the heck are ya?!!!