Tuesday, November 20, 2007

9 o’clock Is The Perfect Time

To be making stuffing for tomorrow’s company lunch, right? Right?

So yah, each year we have a Thanksgiving lunch and movie. Everyone signs up to bring something. I KNEW I had class tonight … but apparently in some alternative universe I thought that making the stuffing tonight would be NO PROBLEM.

What? 20 minutes? To make stuffing? Uh-uh. There’s no way you can make it that fast.

First, I have to make the cornbread … what? Use cornbread cubes that have been made by someone else??? Surely you jest! Stuffing out of a box? Oh, no-no-no, there’ll be NONE of that …

Will they appreciate it? Hell if I know. But I tell you what … I’ll appreciate it – and that’s all that matters.

Now – after I get that cornbread made with buttermilk, I’ll dice the onion, celery, and bacon. Sautee it, and then put it in the fridge. In the morning I’ll warm it up, toss in the toasted cornbread cubes, and season with freshly minced sage, rosemary, oregano, and thyme.

Then I’ll bake it while I make the gravy from scratch. It’ll be EASY …

If I get up at 5 am …

I better get my butt in gear. See ya!

No comments: