Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Words that can make me smile – no matter what

These lyrics –

I'll go chasin' the nuns out in the yard And I'll run naked through the streets without my mask on And I will never need umbrellas in the rain I'll wake up in strawberry fields every day

When I moved here I didn’t even own an umbrella – rain was a rare occurrence (9” a year) out in the desert. When it rained, you just waited a little bit (like maybe a half hour) – and then it was gone. Or, if we went on a trip and it rained? We were so excited to see rain, we thought it made the best trip EVAH.

They'll be my ticket to the universal opera There's Judy Garland taking Buddha by the hand And then the seven little men get up to dance They say Confucius does his crossword with a pen

The imagery of Judy Garland and Buddha – what a pair.

Confucius – so confident of his crosswords skills, he can use a pen

I don’t know, it just makes me smile

Certain people – calling me “Mitter” when I talk to them on the phone

Another person – who calls me, “Suga” in that southern accent of his … I would even smile in the middle of a fight – no matter how mad I was.

A very, very, good friend – who I consider family, calls me, “Darlin’’. Most of his e-mails and phone calls start off with “Hey Darlin’”. No matter what the news - or where I am, big smile on my face when I see the words or hear his voice.

Sasa-fa-ranne - only one person in this world calls me this.

These lyrics A.L.W.A.Y.S. make. me. smile

Hes got a knocked out western accent with a dixie touch He was raised on loco weed Hes what you call a swingin half breed Singin his cow cow booogie in the strangest way Comma ti yi yi yeah Comma ti yippity yi yeah

A swingin’ half breed …

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, everytime I call Fanny Annie or Annie Bananie I think of Sassie Ann !

Anonymous said...

When I hear, "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere", I definitely smile!!!!!!!!!!!!