Saturday, February 10, 2007

Travelling Sucks

Actually, travelling is one of my favorite parts of my job. It's just booking flights that drives me crazy. If you do lots of business travel, you know as well as I do - departure/arrival times NEVER match your planned schedule. This is further frustrated when you have to fly "peon" class.

Right now I'm trying to get from here to MEM ... in time to set up a display booth (which I think is just plain silly - we have a whole damn staff in Memphis - let them mess with the stupid booth), why am I trying to fit my schedule around something like that? On my return day ... 9 days later they want me calling on customers the first half of the day then flying out. Hello? Cheap flights on Friday? Only early in the AM! I just doesn't make any sense to me. Either see clients of Friday - fly back on Saturday - OR NO CLIENTS Friday and depart first thing.

Of course these plans are less than 21 day advance - so shitty rates to begin with ... and now I'm spending MY Saturday trying to find the best deal? (uhhh, so who's the idiot Ms. Moi?) Plus ... I am trying my best to avoid flying through Detroit or Indianapolis. Can you say surefire way to end up with delays/cancellations?!

I think I'll just go dump some Kahlua in my coffee and worry about this on Monday!

No comments: