Friday, July 13, 2007

That was fun, NOT! (also, post 201!)

Guess who just set off the smoke alarm in her hotel room? Yes, I am hawt, but NO, that's not why it went off. No, I was NOT smoking Er, um, yah, I did SHOWER without closing the bathroom door. Seems a smoke detector cannot tell the difference between "SMOKE" and STEAM! So, what happened? BEEP-BEEP-BEEP Well first I had to decide if I was going to rinse before leaping out of the shower. (I decided YES) BEEP-BEEP-BEEP Then NEKKED, DRIPPING, but conditioner free, BEEP-BEEP-BEEP I climb on the bed, with the huge plate-glass window curtains OPEN, and tried to find the "off" button. BEEP-BEEP-BEEP There is none. Of course the high-pitched squeal of BEEP-BEEP-BEEP is incessant. Next I try fanning the air around the unit. The trio's of BEEP-BEEP-BEEP continue. Worried that other guests might become disturbed - or call the FIRE DEPARTMENT, I call the front desk. Over the BEEP-BEEP-BEEP, they inform me there are no batteries to pull out of the unit BEEP-BEEP-BEEP, and there is nothing to do but to YANK IT OFF THE CEILING. BEEP-BEEP-BEEP. It was a tough decision: BEEP-BEEP-BEEP Stop the noise -OR- close the curtains because the employees of the business complex behind the hotel were arriving for work. BEEP-BEEP-BEEP They can see in the 4th Floor window with the SIF red-head in all her NEKKED glory. The irritating BEEP-BEEP-BEEP won the decision. Not really wanting to rip the unit out by the wires, I tried smothering the speaker. The BEEP-BEEP-BEEP is still loud. More fanning of the air. The BEEP-BEEP-BEEP, seems to have stopped. I move my hand away from the unit, step off the bed ... BEEP-BEEP-BEEP. Now I'm really angry. I clamber BACK ON THE BED (which is no longer dry), and twist the unit off the ceiling. Apparently it could sense my rage, because just as I was ready to yank the wires, it emitted one last weak BEEP-BEEP-BEEP and fell silent. I guess that's ONE WAY to become fully alert in the morning. I think I'll remember to close the bathroom door tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steamed MitMoi... Sounds tasty!
-alacrityfitzhugh