Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Newpaper Ti Chi

Here’s the image: Between 6:15 and 6:30 am a red-head, in P.J.’s with hair up in a towel, waves her arms (artfully, I’d like to think) as she walks down the front-porch path to pick up the newspaper. Let me clarify by saying I don’t care if my neighbors see me in my P.J.’s and with a towel on my head. I think if they don’t like what they see, then they can just look the other way! But I must admit to feeling foolish as I consistently wave my hands in-front of my face as I go down the walk. And why do I make ti chi moves each morning as I pick up my paper? Because of the reappearing spider webs. Not only is it yucky to have webs hit me in the face, or wrap themselves around my body, arms, and legs … **shiver**, but the blasted spiders are NEVER consistent! They spin their architecture from the bush to the lantern one day; tree limb to the car the next day; across the front porch doorway a week later. Mind you since we’re not into the “dew” season yet, it’s not like they're spangled with water-diamonds to warn me of impending “wrappage”, each morning is a mystery. So ti chi I go down my path. Hopefully if neighbors see this oriental exercise morning after morning they’ve come to accept it. Maybe even figure it out. But what about the dog-walkers? I wonder what story they make up to fit my actions!

No comments: