Friday, June 13, 2008

Dorks

I hate warehouse locations.

Friggin' "House", "Row/Bay", and "Aisle/Section"

And if everything to the left of the em-dash is FIVE DIGITS ... then why can't my ROW/BAY on the right of the em-dash be FIVE DIGITS TOO??? I don't have an Aisle/Section at this location ... I have a total of 10 characters .... so don't tell me my Row/Bay or Aisle/Section can only be 0-4 characters.

Blocks are also not very high on my list today. WTF do you mean a holder can't transfer a NON-NEGOTIABLE block to someone else?? I understand the word negotiable to mean, "The ability to be sold or transferred to another party as a form of payment".

But the customer doesn't need to transfer it AS A FORM OF PAYMENT. They just need it to show up in their OTHER BUSINESS NAME - as collateral (and don't ask why "non-negotiable" CAN BE COLLATERALIZED) (it's your gov'mt at work, people, I'm just the alcoholic who tries to follow their arcane nonsensical rules.)

So because the CUSTOMER can't transfer it from one account to the other ... they must send it back to the warehouse. But can the warehouse TRANSFER THE RECEIPT??? Oh no they cannot! Courtesy of the USDA, they can only return it to the ORIGINAL HOLDER 0R CANCEL THE DAMN THING.

Since we're only talking about canceling and reissuing 700 BLOCK RECEIPTS (50-60 THOUSAND BALES), I guess I'll understand why the clerk burst into tears when I told her.

I ALSO hate insurance reports.

Especially insurance reports that show FEWER BALES WHEN I INCLUDE BLOCKS - than when I EXCLUDE blocks. What kind of "new math" is that guys??? Must be "programmer math" where nothing needs to ADD UP, eh?

BUT MOST OF ALL ....

I HATE PROGRAMMERS WHO MAKE UP ARBITRARY AND CAPRICIOUS RULES THAT DON'T FOLLOW INDUSTRY STANDARDS.

Happy Friday everyone!

4 comments:

MitMoi said...

I'm sure the "F" in TGIF does not stand for "Friday" today.

Mamie said...

That's FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH to you, ma'am.

CG said...

Don't miss it!!! NOT AT ALL!! I will trade you IRA's, Non Qualified accounts and OTM accounts though. :) At least I am a little bit more familiar with the houses and rows.

Anonymous said...

It all sounds like Greek, except the frustration, which I know to be real !! YES, FRIDAY the 13th at work Mit tp