Thursday, August 23, 2007

Desert Words

I received this e-mail today from my friend who is on his 3rd tour of duty in Iraq. He's there for the next 15 months. I've edited some of the content, but it's made me very happy - even if all his news isn't happy.
Dear Mit-in-the-box, It's been even longer since I've wrote you :/ And even though I hardly get a chance to log online to check my email, reading all you've wrote me, makes me happy and takes me away from this place for a little bit. Things have been going alright here, that is, up until this week. It's really been a week from hell, quite a horrible week - to say the least. I'm not sure if you keep up with all the news coming from the Middle East, but two soldiers from my unit were shot yesterday. One KIA and the other is in terrible shape. On a happier note, I've pretty much settled in, and am used to where I'll be calling home for the next year... or so. I've got my section of the tent decorated with pictures from home, and girlie's from magazines. It's not all that bad, I suppose. It definitely could be worse. Really, the only thing I'm still not completely used to is the heat. The fricken' heat. It's 3AM and according to the thermometer just outside my tent, it's 91 degrees. 91 fricken' degrees in the middle of the night. It's supposed to get up to around 115 - 120 degrees tomorrow, and believe me, I'm not looking forward to strapping on 80 pounds of gear, long pants, long sleeves, and a bullet proof vest... geez, thinking about it now, ack. It's funny to say, but I miss being able to sign onto OKC and comment/comment stalk all of you. It was a great time killer, but being able to interact with you and everyone else was always a good time. Anyhow, I really should try and sleep tonight, even if it's only an hour or so. Tomorrow brings another action packed day. I hope all is well with you, and everyone else. Take care of yourself! Always, JCleveng3r

1 comment:

Christopher Paquette said...

Thanks for posting this!!