Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Gathering Lint

A big part of the game I play on a daily basis is financed by the government. If you live in the US, that means you help finance my paycheck, indirectly of course. Government subsidies are a tangled, tangled web. They are spun from need, hyperbole, greed, history, and fear. I have mixed views on this topic - and in no way can I claim they are logical. If you're interested, you can listen to The Story. I have yet to hear it myself, so it will be interesting to see which side of the coin the interviewer will chose on this topic. In the past, the liberal media decries the practice, but sounds supportive of the "small" producer. I expect this will follow the same route. I have not read the book referenced High Cotton . It was released just last month. Of course it's now been added to my reading list.

No comments: