- No phone signal while in the "wilds" of southern Virginia
- Get signal - but loose signal before I can get transfered to the service dept.
- Find new signal - exit highway - place call - get voice mail
- Drive another 2 hours with no return call or signal
- Finish early with client - and as a "good" employee return to office.
- Plan to return rental car and pick up personal vehicle on way to office - try calling repair place again.
- Voice Mail
- Arrive at office - immediately get stuck trying to solve a data problem that makes me CRANKY
- Call again - VOICE MAIL again.
- Co-worker suggests "chilling-out" and wait until near the end of work to return rental car. I consider placing her in the deep-freeze and see who "chills-out" - but take her suggestion.
- Continue to be frustrated with data that isn't cooperative and deal with co-worker in Memphis who thinks, "I don't know" is code for "I'm being a bitch and I'm not going to tell you the answer to your question".
- 30 minutes before repair place closes call again - and get human. She explains their phone system has been down most of the day. She promises she'll get mechanic to call back.
- Mechanic calls. They haven't been able to look at my vehicle because they've been "backed-up".
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
There are days
When being single fucking sucks. This would be one of them. I dropped my car off at the auto-mechanics yesterday - since I was going to be out of town all day today to have some standard (I hope) repair work done). My plan was to pick up MY car when I returned the rental car. Things that have gone wrong with the plan: