Tuesday, February 13, 2007

That’s Amore!

Each year I have a Valentine’s dinner in my home for my single friends. This year I’ve been less than enthusiastic – I’m sure it’s all related to economics. Usually it’s one of my blow-out dinners. I spend the weekend before cleaning, take the day of off for cooking – and make sure there’s a stunning table set when the crowd arrives.

For many different reasons this year it’s going to be an intimate crowd. But a crowd who deserves nothing less than my best effort. Here’s the menu for 2007.

Appetizer

Roasted Rosemary and Fire & Ice Mixed Nuts

Cocktails

Pink Gin Spritzer

Salad

Red Leaf Lettuce, Orange Segments & Beats with Champaign Mustard Dressing

Main Course/Side Dish

Honey and Spice-Glazed Pork Chops

Lintels a la Frreenie

Algerian Carrots

Wine

La Crema Pinot Noir

Dessert

Mini Fudgey Chocolate Cakes with Prager Port Chocolate Sauce

Prager Petit Sarah Port

Here’s wishing everyone a special day, knowing you are loved and special

1 comment:

JMom said...

Wow, what a spread!! You have lucky friends :)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY