Sunday, January 07, 2007

Home again Jiggity-Jig

Wow! What a dinner last night! Fun people, amazing food at JK's in Nags Head. I loved my grilled quail salad and lamb chops. The seafood bisque and steaks looked good too! Of course everyone loved my wine choices. 3 bottles of La Crema Pinot Noir and 2 of Honig's Zinfandel. For desserts we tried the Crème Brueles and I had the Lemon Chess Pie. The OBX Engineer gave a great little toast to the newest professional in his office - and then got a little toasted himself! But I, I behaved myself, and felt great this AM. (Go me!) Out for breakfast, packed the bags, stopped by the office and on the road by 11:00 am. Just got back here to the city. I've been to the grocery store. Now it's time to put myself in high gear and clean up this mess! Then whip together dinner for tonight for Wes and Sweet. On the menu, Tucson Style Pepper Roasted Chicken Breasts, Asparagus and Leek Risotto and Rustic Apple Tarts. If I get ahead of the game, I'll come back and write some more ... if not ... we'll thanks for being such great traveling partners! You're all welcome to join me next time.

No comments: